POLICY FOR PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
MONADIA’s policy on privacy
MONADIA (“MONADIA” or the “Company”) with headquarters at 54 route de Sartrouville – Immeuble le Montréal – 78230 LE PECQ – FRANCE, processes personal data (as defined below) within the framework of its activities, including personal data of people using its internet sites (monadia.fr, victoiresdelabeaute.com, saveurdelannee.com, sda-restauration.com, festivaldesinfluenceursculinaires.com, chainederestaurantsdelannee.com, mysaveur.com) as well as our social networks on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Passing on your Personal Data
- Collection of browsing data
- Use of your Personal Data
- Retention period of your Personal Data
- Recipients of your Personal Data
- International data transfers
- Information and exercising your rights
- Safety and confidentiality
- Resolution of conflicts
- Contact us
Any information identifying directly or indirectly a natural person (for instance: name, ID number, phone number, photo, date of birth, …)
Event(s) organised by MONADIA; workshops, award ceremonies: “Victoires de la Beauté”; “Reconnu saveur de l’Année™”; “Saveur de l’Année Restauration™”; “Chaîne de Restaurants de l’année™”, festivals and exhibitions such as “Festival des Influenceurs Culinaires™”, and any other event operations.
Any game, contest or prize organised by MONADIA on various Internet sites “Victoire de la Beauté™”, “Reconnu Saveur de l’Année™”, “Saveur de l’Année Restauration™”, “Chaîne de Restaurants de l’année™”, “Mysaveur™”, “Festival des Influenceurs Culinaires™”; on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin; as well as any festival and exhibition such as “Festival des Influenceur Culinaires” and any other event operation
The person responsible for processing personal data:
The natural or moral person, public authority, department or other organisation which, alone or jointly, defines the purpose and means of processing, when the purpose and means of processing are defined by the rule of the European Union or the rule of a member state.
The natural or moral person, public authority, department or any other organisation processing personal data on behalf of the Person responsible for processing personal data.
Any operation or set of operations carried out or not using automated processes and applied to personal data or set of personal data.
The policy specifies (i) the origin and the nature of the Personal Data we collect (ii) the reason for their collection (iii) the way we use them (iv) the rights that you have relating to these data in compliance with act n° 2018-493 dated 20 June 2018 (Information Technology and Freedom act) and the EU regulation n°2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Furthermore each department/service may, if need be, be accompanied by specific provisions with regards to Personal Data and Privacy contained in the related General Conditions of use.
2. PASSING ON YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1. How we collect your Personal Data
Depending on how you interact with the Company, the Company may collect your Personal Data as follows:
The Company collects your Personal Data directly when you create a user account, when filling out forms, when registering for an event, when registering for a game/ competition; and/or when you use our Internet sites and/or our services, and more generally depending on the way you interact with us, and the purpose of this interaction.
The Company collects your Personal Data indirectly when you browse our sites using cookies and beacons as per conditions defined below. The Company also collects your Data via third parties including social networks when you are using the accounts you own from such third parties to connect yourself to our sites.
When you provide us with Personal Data it is your responsibility to ensure that they are correct and exact. If need be, you must update them.
The personal data shown to be compulsory are necessary for the management of your request and to allow us to supply you with the services you requested from us. Whether your Personal Data is compulsory or not is indicated on the forms as well as the potential consequences should you fail to provide them.
2.2. Personal Data we collect
To access some site functionalities and for activity needs users must communicate certain Personal Data to MONADIA. Personal Data collected may include, without limitation, the following:
- Personal Data relating to your identity notably: first name, surname, sex, email address, street address, phone number(s), company you work for, position in the company, blog, social network, personal media;
- Personal Data relating to the connection and use of your user account: this data designate all of the information you need to access your personal space as well as the information relating to the use of your account notably, your user ID and password, your choices and preferences;
- Personal Data relating to browsing; this data relates to the way the user browses the site. This data may include the IP address, the browser used, the duration of browsing, the search history, the operating system used, the language and the pages consulted;
- Personal Data relating to your participation to events: notably date of participation, source of the invitation …
- Data relating to the use of social networks: when you interact with social network functionalities.
Personal data collected must be limited to data strictly necessary for the purpose described in article 4 below.
Users are free to provide or not all or part of the Personal Data. Personal Data is collected only when it has been voluntarily given, however, if users decide not to give it, such a decision could prevent the execution of the objectives described in article 4 below, and some Internet sites services and functionalities may not work. We will inform you of the Personal Data compulsory for collection using (*) before the box to be informed in the form.
Furthermore, we inform you that the press and television could be present during an event and that certain photos or videos on which you might appear during your visit could be used by the press and/or by us on various media at the same time whether online or offline. Such photos or videos could be used to illustrate an event, for public information, or to commercialise the event.
2.3. Personal Data that event partners can collect
Within the framework of your participation to an event you could meet some partners (brands, media…) and discover their range of products or services.
You may request that they send technico-commercial information (press file, catalogues, quotes, etc.) or products or samples in exchange for the communication of some of your information/data as per the policies relating to the processing of personal data put in place by such partners.
For this, the processing operations of Personal Data by partners will be under the sole responsibility of such partners, with which you will be able to exercise the rights granted by law and regulations.
3. COLLECTING BROWSING DATA
Browsing data is Personal Data and concerns notably:
- The username and the content of a cookie file stored by us in your device;
- The IP address (Internet Protocal) of the device connected to the Internet;
- The date and time of connection of a device to an electronic communication service;
- The Internet address of the Internet page from the device accessing an electronic communication service;
- The type of operating system used by the device (Windows, MacOs, Android, etc.);
- The type and the version of the browsing software used by a device (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, etc.);
- The working language of the browsing software used by the device.
Browsing data is collected by installing cookies on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
A cookie is a file downloaded into your device allowing activation of certain functionalities of our Internet sites.
Cookies can be installed at our initiative or by third parties to meet the purposes indicated in Article 4 of this policy (notably to identify your computer, generally secure your access to our Internet sites).
3.1. Typology of cookies installed
Techniques and functionalities of Cookies
Cookies allow us:
- Putting in place security measures on our Internet sites;
- Improving your browsing comfort by providing you with access to specific functionalities to improve the fluidity and to personalise your browsing experience, such as:
- Adapt the presentation of our Internet sites or services in relation to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, etc.);
- Memorise the Personal Data relating to a form you filled out, during your registration to an event notably;
- Benefit from catching pages of our Internet sites and/or services for a quicker access to these various pages.
Blocking or removing these cookies on your device does not prevent browsing our sites but may seriously impair the browsing experience. Then you will not be able to benefit from certain functionalities necessary to browse in certain parts of our Internet sites. We disclaim any responsibility for the consequences linked to the degraded functioning of our services resulting from the blocking or removal of such cookies.
Retention period: cookies have a life duration of 13 months following their first installation on the device of the user.
If you do not wish for our Internet sites and/or services to integrate cookies on your device, click on the below links:
List of technical and function cookies we use:
Name of cookie
Cookies for Audience measurement and activity monitoring
These cookies allow us:
- To develop statistics concerning traffic volume of our sites and/or services (number of visits, unique visitors, pages seen, etc.) and compile reports and statistics concerning the use of various items in them (items and content visited, cliskstream data used);
- To improve the interest and ergonomics of our Internet sites and/or services as well as various items in them;
- To offer editorial contents adapted to your interests;
- To detect potential browsing difficulties.
Blocking or removing these cookies on your device does not prevent browsing our sites but may seriously impair the browsing of our Internet sites. However blocking or removing theses cookies could lead to editorial content not adapted to your interests been displayed.
Retention period: cookies have a life duration of 13 months following their first installation on the device of the user.
If you do not wish for our Internet sites and/or services to integrate cookies on your device, click on the links below:
List of cookies used for activity monitoring:
Name of cookie
Google Adwords: conversion cookie
Linkedin: conversion cookie
Cookies by and installed by third parties
We may include on our Internet site and/or services IT applications from third parties allowing you to share contents from our Internet sites and/or services with other people or to let other people know of your visit or opinion of content from our Internet sites and/or services.
This is the case for the “Share”, “Like”, buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin, etc.
The network or social media supplying such a button may identify you using these buttons even if you have not used one or more of the buttons when browsing one of our sites and/or services. Indeed, this type of button can allow the network or social media concerned to monitor your browsing on our sites and/or services as a result of your network account or social media concerned being activated on your device (open session) when browsing our sites and/or services.
We have no means of controlling the process used by social media to collect information relating to your browsing of our Internet sites and/or services and associated with personal data they hold.
Consequently we advise consulting the privacy policies of such social media to be aware of the data collection arrangements, purposes, notably advertising, browsing information they could collect thanks to these buttons. These privacy policies must notably allow you to express your choice with these social media, notably by using the setting parameters of your user account(s) of each social media.
3.2. Configuration of Internet browser and of your device
You can configure your web browser to restrict, block or remove cookies from sites and/or services, whatever browser you use. Taking into account the specificities of the main web browsers available, you can consult the setting menu or privacy setting of the web browser of your choice.
- Edge™ : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
- Safari™ : http://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT1677
- Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- Android™: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=0-636233789770445664-3913995373&hl=fr&rd=1
- Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
Each user can configure the setting for data sharing, privacy and the Internet browsing from the “setting” menu of their device when such function is available.
4. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is processed automatically as implemented by the Company for the various purposes described below:
4.1. Management of the relationship with clients & potential or future clients
We can use your Personal Data to propose products or services you requested and to carry out activities related to these products or services, notably:
- Contract, invoice management;
- Accounting and in particular management of clients’ account;
- Monitoring of the client’s relationship: satisfaction surveys, claims management…;
- Client’s selection to carry out studies, survey and testing;
- Sending newsletters and any other information or commercial documents related to our products or services;
- Sending your application file or additional information;
- Develop statistics to improve the quality of our services.
4.2. Management of registration to an event
Our events offer the opportunity to connect with other brands (the “Partners”) with influencers and allow them to find out about the newest products in the sector.
Your Personal Data is therefore absolutely necessary for processing and recording your registration to an event and to:
- Send you your participation dossier or request additional information;
- Receive your badge and manage your dossier from preregistering and up to remitting the badge;
- Receive your electronic badge by email;
- Receive emails with practical information on the organisation of an event (date, venue and access);
- Receive notification emails in case of cancellation, date, time or venue modification of an event.
4.3. Operating our web sites
We collect and process your Personal Data as they allow us to:
- Manage your user account;
- Process your information requests and questions relating to our Company and services;
- Send communications linked to our services;
- Send information on events likely to be of interest to your professional sector or similar to our events;
- Send commercial information related to our Company and concerning other third party partners in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Develop statistics or carry out market studies within the framework of the continued improvement of our services;
- Prevent fraud and other forbidden or illegal activities, as well as within the framework of our efforts to aim at maintaining the security of our Internet sites;
- And understand the use of our Internet sites to constantly improve their functionalities and security.
4.4. News and commercial information
When creating your user account, information forms and/or when registering to an event or when using certain services available on our Internet site, you will be offered the following propositions:
- Receive information on products and/or services from Partners to an event;
- Receive newsletter from our Partners.
As the case may be, you will be able to accept each proposition by ticking the appropriate box on the form to register to an event or on other dedicated forms from our Internet sites.
If you choose to subscribe to a newsletter or if you accept to receive direct prospecting by email from partners to an event or from our partners, you have a right to oppose receiving any other new newsletter or any other new direct prospecting by email from partners to an event.
4.4.1. Re newsletters:
By clicking on the link shown in each newsletter received and shown below “in compliance with the provisions of act 78-17 dated 6 January 1978 and of the EU UE n°2016/679 dated 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, rectify or delete your Personal Data, you have the right to limit the processing of personal information related to you, or the right to oppose it and the right to the portability of the data. To exercise these rights click here or send a letter to: MONADIA – 54 route de Sartrouville – Immeuble le Montréal – 78232 LE PECQ Cedex – FRANCE
4.4.2. Commercial prospecting:
You may be receiving direct prospecting by email from our teams, related to products or services similar to those we supplied via our Internet sites or services. In this case you can express you right to oppose receiving any new such prospecting via the link provided for that purpose.
5. RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.2. Beyond the period for purpose indicated in article 4 above your Personal Data is kept to meet any legal, accounting or tax obligation related to the retention of personal data (notably for proof purposes) or for communication to authorised authorities (administration, police services, etc.).
5.3. You have the possibility to delete your user account or to oppose receiving commercial prospecting or unsubscribe from these lists by exercising your rights as listed below.
5.4. We commit to maintain an efficient level of security and privacy of your Personal Data, and to restrict its access to only authorised people and not to process them for purposes that you do not have agreed to.
5.5. If you have any question re the retention period of your Personal Data please contact us (see article 12).
6. RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We share your Personal Data with:
- Event partners if receiving a meeting request or request to send documentation…
- Our teams and our personnel in charge of our various departments: marketing, commercial, clients’ relation and prospecting, administration, internal control, logistics and IT, as well as their various managers;
- Subcontractors within the framework of contracts signed (i) stipulating their obligations in the matter of security, privacy and integrity of the personal data under the Information Technology and Freedom act and the GDPR, and (ii) stating notably the security targets to be achieved;
- Our current and future subsidiaries as well as companies under common control;
- Any company within the framework of change of control of our Company (without limitation: take of majority ownership, partial contribution of assets, transfer/sale of business, merger)
- Court officials, competent administration and court officers, as the case may be, within the framework of any public order or procedure;
- Our commercial partners (in compliance with your preferences as regards commercial prospecting).
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Within the framework of the use of your Personal Data, the information we collect can be transferred, stored and processed in any country or territory in which one or more of our subsidiary Companies or subcontractors are located, it being understood that all these countries are within the European Union and, if not, that appropriate guaranties within the meaning of article 46 and seq. of the GDPR would be implemented.
8. INFORMATION AND EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
In compliance with the Information Technology and Freedom act and the GDPR you can exercise the following rights:
- Access the information concerning the processing of your Personal Data (categories of data, purposes, etc.);
- Delete your user account by connecting to your user account and by modifying the parameters (when this option is available) or by contacting us as indicated in article 12;
- Rectify or update your Personal Data that is incorrect by connecting to your user account and by modifying the parameters (when this option is available) or by contacting us as indicated in article 12;
- Delete your Personal Data that is incorrect by connecting to your user account and by modifying the parameters (when this option is available) or by contacting us as indicated in article 12;
- Limit the processing operations of your Personal Data we carry out when you challenge the accuracy of your Personal Data (limitation for a duration allowing us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data), or the lawfulness of the processing (but that you are authorising us to continue the processing), by contacting us as indicated in article 12;
- Receive a copy of your Personal Data in a structured format commonly used and in a computer-readable format by contacting us as indicated in article 12, it being understood that any request for additional copies after the first copy may result in administration cost that will be charged to you. We inform that personal data derived, calculated or deduced by our Company, from the data supplied by you are excluded from the portability right insofar as they are not supplied by you, but created by us;
- At any time oppose the processing of personal data for commercial prospecting by unsubscribing from the mailing list by clicking on the dedicated link stated in the commercial prospecting email;
- Lodge a complaint with the “Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL – France) (the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties) 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris Cedex 07 – FRANCE Tel: + 33 1 53 73 22 22.
In order to safeguard the security and privacy of your Personal Data we reserve the right to request proof of your identity, to verify its veracity prior to any exercising of the rights listed above.
In case of excessive request from you, notably their repetitive nature, we reserve the right not to meet any access request subsequent to a prior request to access your Personal Data that has been met.
9. SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We implement organisational and technical security measures meant to guarantee the privacy and the integrity of your Personal Data.
All our data are stored on our servers and are protected by a secured portal under HTTPS protocol, data encryption while in transit under SSL protocol, firewall, use of antivirus, access management and intrusion detection systems.
However, taking into account the very nature of the Internet being a public network you recognise and agree that the security of transmission via the Internet and the integrity of the personal data cannot be completely guaranteed.
In case of security failure resulting in the violation of personal data, we commit to implement rectification as quickly as possible and to notify you, and if need be notify the CNIL, in compliance with the provisions of the applicable regulations.
If you oppose any of the modification, you may delete your user account.
11. RESOLUTION OF CONFLICTS
We are committed to guarantee the protection of personal data, however, if users have reasons to believe that the security of their personal data has been compromised or that it has been misused they are invited to contact us at one of the addresses indicated in article 12 below.
If the user is not satisfied with how his request has been processed, he may contact the CNIL at https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.
12. CONTACT US
for the attention of Sergio Da Fonseca
54 route de Sartrouville
Immeuble le Montréal
78230 LE PECQ
You can also use above address if you wish to request access to your Personal Data.